Building websites is like building lego
Web development is more and more “worldwide teamwork” nowadays: some teams build simple basic blocks like platforms, plugins, and libraries, just like Lego pieces, while some other teams combine these blocks to build more complicated projects. Since we don’t need to rebuild these blocks, the core challenge of web building becomes how to select the right blocks and how to “glue” them, this new trend requires more insight view of new technologies, more understanding of our projects and available tools, and more experience of proper integration. That is the art of modern web development.
1. What do you want?- What the purpose of the website?
- What do you expect?
2. Draw a blueprint- Project architecture
- Technical needs
- Reasonable schedule
3. Select right blocks- Select the right platform: big or small?
- Select the right language: mean or php?
- Select the right database
- Anything else like media processing
4. Smart to build- User interface design
- Efficient functional logic flow
- Clean & clear coding
- Any improvement?
5. Don't forget testing- Testing, debugging, and improving
6. Voila the master piece!- Remember maintenance and update!